Rosenfole's Fortnite Worldwide Rankings
FAQ / Intro
- This leaderboard is taking in account events on 2 years: 2018 and 2019, until the Fortnite World Cup will be over.
- Contact via Twitter.
- Power Rankings discord: https://discord.gg/CGvFQ5n
- I strongly suggest taking couple minutes to read this page before browsing the tabs.
- Please understand that this is in early development and many things are subject to change.
- Those rankings are not made no be used on any external website without authorization.
- List of tournaments taken in account for the leaderboard on the tab: Overview > Tournaments List. Explanations and details on the Tiers/Points System on the tab Overview > Tiers/Points System.
- There is a tab for each region: Europe, North America, South America, Asia, and Oceania. For each region you will find 3 sub tabs: Overview (leaderboard of teams with the four starting players of the main roster), Players (list of players), and Free Agents (list of Free agents only). For Europe there is an extra tab with sub regional rankings for different parts of Europe called Regional Rankings.
- The International tab is taking the leaderboard of each region and crossing them together to make a worldwide leaderboard. I suggest you dont give too much importance to this ranking with the current state of the Fortnite competitive scene.
- The Countries tab is showing the top players per countries.
I decided to create this worldwide ranking system after the similar document i made for the french Fortnite scene. It is something that, if i am not mistaking, nobody really tried even if a bunch of people gave it a lot of thoughts. I am fully aware that this system is not perfect and has a lot of flaws. It is definitely a work in progress, inspired by many things such as the Dota 2 pro circuit points system or the GosuGamers rankings. In no ways, i have any intent to show bias towards a specific region, team or player. It is very hard to compare and rank teams in the world of Fortnite since there has not been any international tournament with a competitive format yet. It is not possible to draw conclusions that a team is better than an other only based on points and statistics. What this ranking system does however, is highlight the best performing teams and players since the beginning of the year and through different events/tournaments all over the world.
- How did you created/choose the ranking system and points breakdown ?
The ranking system is the same used in the Dota 2 Pro Circuit. Team points are the addition of each starting player of the roster points. The points breakdown for each tournament's tier can look a bit «random» in some ways. I tried to make it the most fair as possible, and i also thought that BR games have a lot of random factors anyway. For example, you can finish at the 8th place of a tournament instead of the 5th place in a matter of seconds because you could not edit in time with server having a hard time, or maybe you kept getting unlucky with the RNG of the circles or maybe just because you had bad chance with the loot in general.
- So how does this works ?
A player score is acquired depending on his results in the featured tournaments that i am using im my rankings. Each tournament i am using have a certain "Tier", that is defined depending on the competitive value of each tournament, the number of slots, and the number of top players or teams. Sometimes, certain specific tournaments will have a special "Tier" how is going to be different that the permanent "Tiers". Currently there is 3 permanent "Tiers". You can find all the informations regarding "Tiers" and points breakdown for each of them under the tab "TIERS".
A team score is the addition of the 4 players with the highest scores from the team/organization.
- How to appear on this leaderboard ?
By competing in any of the featured tournaments. You can see the list of tournaments under the tab : "TOURNAMENTS", and on each region tab there is also a list of tournament for that specific region. A minimum score can be required to appear on a certain list depending on the region.
- Why different tiers for tournaments ?
It all the depends on the competitive nature/value of each tournamentaswell as the scale of the event.